Translation is available for this contentVáltás magyarra
The project aims to defend democracy in Hungary more effectively and prevent a domino effect of democratic decline currently threatening Europe. Activities:
- Opening new channels to uncover human rights violations and anti-rule of law measures and to alert the Hungarian public and the international community about them.
- Provide legal assistance to citizens who stand up for human rights and face reprisals because of this.
- Challenge anti-democratic laws through strategic litigation.
- Alert the EU, international organisations and other states about anti-democratic measures and human rights concerns.
- Empower our allies, by building a knowledge hub for learning from experts and transmitting knowledge and skills to less-resourced human rights and pro-democracy actors.
- Translate the concept of rule of law into simple and accessible messages, transmitted with innovative means to a wider segment of Hungarian society.
The project is supported by the Swedish Postcode Foundation.