Translation is available for this contentVáltás magyarra
- Elaborating project and activity concepts, drafting project proposals, preparing budgets;
- Taking the lead role in writing periodic narrative reports to donors, including coordinating reporting activities internally, in close cooperation with the Finance Officer and the Refugee Programme Director;
- Representing the organisation at technical-level meetings with donors and partners;
- Following developments in the field of refugee protection in Hungary and in Europe;
- Proactively working on institutional and project-based fundraising (including identifying new donors and funding opportunities, approaching donors, drafting proposals, etc.), not limited to the area of refugee protection;
- Cooperating with other HHC staff and liaising with international partners and donors to ensure the proper implementation of projects funded by international donors (European Commission, UNHCR and other UN donors, private foundations, etc.);
- Regularly updating the HHC’s donor database.
THE CANDIDATE SHOULD:
- Hold a bachelor or master’s degree in a relevant field; for example, social sciences, economics, public policy or political science;
- Have a good understanding of refugee protection, human rights and the rule of law; and understand the HHC’s operational context, mandate and activities;
- Have working experience in the non-governmental sector and/or with international organisations and have at least three years of relevant work experience in total (more significant work experience will be considered an asset);
- Have firm experience in project management, writing project proposals, and reporting to donors/funders;
- Have excellent written and spoken English and be a confident public speaker with a good sense of diplomacy;
- Be good at effective writing, as well as in editing documents in a visually attractive format;
- Be good at multitasking, working under pressure and distilling complex concepts into simple and concise information;
- Be proficient in using office software such as Microsoft Office;
- Be precise, open-minded and a real team player, with a good ability to coordinate other persons’ work and to support an entire team;
- Be strongly committed to human rights and the mission of the HHC;
- Have the right to engage in full-time employment in Hungary.
The knowledge of Hungarian language is not a requirement for this particular position, but basic Hungarian skills are considered an asset. The knowledge of other languages may also be an advantage.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The possibility to work with a team of committed, experienced and professional human rights and refugee rights experts;
- Working at one of Europe’s most impactful human rights champions, active for more than three decades, which has won nine prestigious international human rights awards since 2017;
- A pleasant workplace with an informal and collaborative organisational culture;
- Various opportunities of on-the-job learning and supported professional development;
- Flexible working time.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
Interested candidates should send their application in e-mail, as soon as possible, to email@example.com. The application should be written in English and should include the following:
- An up-to-date CV in English;
- A motivation letter of maximum 700 words, in English, which answers the following questions: 1) Why would you like to work with the Hungarian Helsinki Committee? Why do you find our mandate and activities ‘attractive’?; 2) Why do you think you are a suitable candidate for this position? What skills and expertise would you bring to our team?; 3) Should you be selected, when would you be able to start working? Is there any technical or legal condition for you to be employed in Hungary?; 4) What is your expected minimum net salary in Hungarian Forints?;
- Two reference contacts with email and/or phone number (ideally former supervisors).
Applications need to be sent as soon as possible, but not later than 23 March 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, thank you for your understanding.