Translation is available for this contentVáltás magyarra
The Hungarian Helsinki Committee places great emphasis on the transparency and openness of its activities in accordance with the provisions of the relevant legislation.
Here are our activity reports:
- Activities report 2021 and HHC sources of income 2021
- Activities report 2020 and HHC sources of income 2020
- Activities report 2019 and HHC sources of income 2019
- Activities report 2018 and HHC sources of income 2018
- Activities report 2017 and HHC sources of income 2017
- Activities report 2016 and HHC sources of income 2016
- Activities report 2015 and HHC sources of income 2015
- Activities report 2014 and HHC sources of income 2014
- Activities report 2013 and HHC sources of income 2013
- Activities report 2012 and HHC sources of income 2012
- Activities report 2011
- Activities report 2010
- Activities report 2009
There are different methods to show the revenues of an NGO. In these “HHC sources of income” tables, you can find all the sources of income the HHC received in a given year. This covers all the funds that have been transferred to us, regardless of their origin or in which budget year the given income was spent. This provides the most accessible overview for anyone without a finance-accounting background.
Our financial audit reports (also publicly available in English since 2019) include a simplified Profit and Loss Statement. These tables are calculated with a different method, based on the applicable Hungarian regulations. Here, the incomes that appear in the “subsidies” line are meant to be spent in the given year. A simple example: the European Commission transfers to the HHC a grant in 2022, which will cover costs for a two-year project starting in January 2023. As income, the entire grant will appear in 2022 (when the transfer was received). In the annual audit reports, the grant will appear in 2023 and 2024, proportionately (when we use the funds to cover specific costs). This explains why you may see different amounts in financial reports made with different methods.
We also publish our detailed annual financial reports, fulfilling our obligations under Hungarian law. These are available here.