Children’s Alternatives to Detention protecting their Rights in Europe (CADRE)
Translation is available for this contentVáltás magyarra
Since February 2021, the HHC is participating in the European Commission-funded, ICJ-EI-led, CADRE project. This two-year project seeks to promote the expansion, implementation and improvement of viable and effective alternatives to detention for migrant children in full respect of their rights in the European Union.
This project is implemented by ICJ-EI in collaboration with the HHC, Aditus (Malta), Foundation for Access to Rights (Bulgaria), Greek Council for Refugees (Greece), Helsinki Foundation for Human Rights (Poland), Defence for Children International – Belgium, and the Association for Juridical Studies on Immigration (ASGI) (Italy) and supported by the participation of the Agency for the Welfare of Asylum-Seekers (Malta).
The project partners will:
- hold three transnational workshops attended by at least 60 experts from seven EU countries followed by several online public conferences/talks;
- develop four training modules translated into six different languages and other e-learning tools;
- hold national trainings in the five focus countries, and
- widely disseminate all publications and materials, including through developing a webpage with a database and videos.
Click here for further information about the project.
Training materials on Alternatives to Detention for Migrant Children:
- Module I. – Care of Migrant Children: the need for alternatives to detention
- Module II. – Alternatives to Detention: practical example of care of migrant children
- Module III. – Appropriate Procedures to guarantee access to effective remedies for migrant children in detention and when subject to alternatives to detention
- Module IV. – How to communicate and work with children subject to alternatives to detention
The training modules are available also in Bulgarian, Greek and Polish here.
Project duration: 1 February 2021 – 31 January 2023
This project is funded by European Union’s Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund.